[Zope] ZCatalog: Non english text

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 15:22:38 -0500

With Zope 2.1, you can specify a locale on the command line '-L'.
Chinese is a whole different story because it's a multi-byte character
set, and not even Python has worked out what the story on that is.  Most
european languages work with locale.

> Also what are the chances that ZCatalog can allow us to
> include a function
> to be used when indexing and searching of the objects, so we
> can apply any
> word tranformation such as suffix removal i.e. computing, computers,
> computer, computed, can be indexed as comput if I choose to.
> What I mean
> is that we specify a method (possibly external) that will do what is
> needed and the resulting word can be indexed by ZCatalog, and the same
> method is called to transform the input word usinf the same
> method when
> searching that catalog.

The catalog allready stems words just like you have here.  In future
releases, there will be an interface defined where you can create your
own stemming methods.

-Michel