[Zope] Storing Content

Markus Strickler mstrickler@gmx.de
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:51:45 +0100

Hi!
I'm planning to use Zope on a site that includes news article like content.
Using PHP or whatever I would set up some relational table structures for
the content and create display and edit scripts that query the database.
I've tried this with Zope but was wondering if there is a more Zopeish way
to do it. (Like creating a subclass of dtmldocument and adding my own
display and edit methods). If so can you point me to some docs about this?

I'm also wondering which wll be the best databse to use with Zope. I'm
developing mostly on Windows but will deploy on Unix. I'd love to use
Oracle, but as this is a 0-budget project, I can't afford the license fee.
MySQL might be fine, but afak the Windows version is not freely available.
Does anyone know about other crossplatform DBs that work well with Zope?

Thanks,

Markus