[Zope] Using a DTML Method to render a DTMLDocument?

Ethan Fremen mindlace@majordomo.net
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:27:07 +0000

Cayce Ullman wrote:

> Ok, here's what I'm trying to do, let's
> say I have a bunch of DTMLDocuments that
> I want to be able to call various different
> DTMLMethod renderer's on.  A poor example would
> be, a DTMLMethod that adds a header and footer
> to a DTMLDocument that doesn't have one.

Might I suggest a header and footer method that's called by the
document?

I do this in my standard_html_header:

<dtml-if localheader><dtml-var localheader></dtml-if>

The same in the footer works.  This way, whatever localheader is in the
aquisition path gets rendered.  If you can't rely on aquisition, I think
you need some namespace magic.

Try <dtml-var _[someotherpage]> in your DTMLDocument without
header/footer.  *if* this works, then it'll break if the DTML document
isn't rendered this way.

--
Ethan "mindlace" Fremen
you cannot abdicate responsibility