[Zope] Can't Connect to Remote SQL Server

Craig Villamor craig@hiringtools.com
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 16:48:26 -0800

I am trying to connect Zope to a remote SQL Server 7.0 database via ZODBC.
I was able to create a connection to the data source via the ODBC Data
Sources dialog in NT. The database shows up in the list of available DBs
when I try to add an ODBC object in Zope. When I click the add button I get
an "Invalid Connection String" error. The traceback is as folows:

<!--
sql.error
None
-->

<!--
Traceback (innermost last):
   File D:\z1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 877, in publish_module
   File D:\z1\lib\python\ZPublisher\Publish.py, line 590, in publish
     (Info: /MCDev2/manage_addZODBCConnection)
   File lib/python/Products/ZODBCDA/DA.py, line 103, in
manage_addZODBCConnection
     (Object: Navigation)
   File D:\z1\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py, line 127, in __init__
     (Object: RoleManager)
   File D:\z1\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py, line 156, in edit
     (Object: RoleManager)
   File D:\z1\lib\python\Shared\DC\ZRDB\Connection.py, line 200, in connect
     (Object: RoleManager)
   File D:\z1\lib\python\Products\ZODBCDA\db.py, line 154, in __init__
BadRequest: (see above)

-->

I am able to connect to a local SQL Server installation without any
problems but can't seem to connect remotely. Any ideas what might be wrong?
Thanks in advance.