[Zope] CONFLICT Competing writes?

Li Dongfeng mavip5@inet.polyu.edu.hk
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:56:03 +0800

Hi,

I used a dtml method called run_program_action to
process user form input, using the POST method and
ENCTYPE="multipart/form-data". When I tried to submit
simutaneously from two browser window, I got this
error message from the Z Server console:

1999-11-24T06:43:40 INFO(0) Z2 CONFLICT Competing writes at,
/Stat/rserver/simu01/run_program_action
{}

Where the line below -- form -- should display
my form input. But in the two submissions only
one got the desired resonse, the other responded
erroneously because the form input was lost due to CONFLICT.

I heard that Zope is multi-threaded. Why can't it start
two instances of the same DTML method? How can I solve
this conflict problem?