[Zope] Zope 2.x bug in loading products

Ross Boylan RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:15:16 -0800

I believe the problem I had was also caused by a silent failure in
__init__.py.
When registering a class you need to provide a tuple of methods to create
it.  I provided only 1, so the (method) became a method, not a tuple.  I
noticed this because I tried the same thing with some other code for
__init__.py that did error trapping and caught it.  The fix, by the way, is
to use (method, ) syntax.

Because this is intimately tied to python's module mechanism, it may be hard
to trap the errors at a higher level.  If not, I hope the product manager
can be changed to do the right thing and log failures in __init__.py.