[Zope] ZODB Storage Error

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 02:23:29 +0000

Anthony Baxter wrote:

> > > 1999-11-24T05:51:23 PANIC(300) ZODB An storage error occurred in the last
> > > phase of a two-phase commit.  This shouldn't happen. The application may
> > > be in a hosed state, so we will not allow transactions to commit from here
>
> > Waaaa. This should include a traceback, but it doesn't.  I wonder
> > if there is a bug in the logging machinery.
>
> Well, the above went to stdout - I can't find anything in any of the logs.

See doc/LOGGING.txt to see how to get stuff written to the event log file.

> > As the message indicates, this happens if an error occurs during
> > the final stage of a two-phase commit. If this happens, then database
> > integrity cannot be assured unless further writes are prevented. The only
> > case in which I've seen this happen is if the disk fills up. Could this be
> > happening to you?
>
> Nope - there's plenty of free space on the disk. Where should I start
> looking? I'm going to force the bit of the code that generated this
> error to spit out a traceback...

OK, I just checked in a fix to lib/python/Zope/ZLogger/stupidFileLogger.py
that should allow you to get a traceback in the log.

Try applying this fix and see what you get.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.