[Zope] Sybase DA + FreeBSD + TDS

Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:05:42 +1100

>>> Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote
> You have to do some serious munging of the freetds codebase including
> copying over all the Sybase include files from the sybase distribution,
> as well as commenting out a lot of stuff from the SybaseAdapter (the Linux
> Sybase libraries I had didn't seem to be as up to date as the ones the
> Adapter was linked against).

A few comments: You'll need a more recent release of Sybase than the
old free 11.0.3 version. There's an 11.9.2 that you can download.

I _suspect_ that most of the issues with the Sybase C adaptor are to
do with it exposing just about every #defined constant from the Sybase
include files - just commenting out the ones that FreeTDS doesn't have
will probably get you most of the way there...

Anthony