[Zope] A newsgroup ...

Kirrily 'Skud' Robert skud+usenet@netizen.com.au
26 Nov 1999 08:02:13 GMT

In article <199911260139.MAA08687@mbuna.arbhome.com.au>, Anthony Baxter wrote:

>One _possible_ alternative would be to have it as a newsgroup, but only
>on, say 'news.zope.org', not gatewayed to the general sewer that is
>usenet. heck, tie it in to the membership system on zope.org, and have
>it as a newsserver that uses it for login details. That's one way to
>cut down on spammers...

One of the good things about having a newsgroup is that those who have
newsreaders which support scorefiles (eg slrn) can score on subject line
and poster to see the most relevant articles.

Netizen (where I work) gateway the zope list to a newsserver for this
very reason, along with about a hundred (literally!) other technical
lists, some of which have even more traffic than this one.

A news-gatewayed mailing list really is a very useful thing to have.

K.

--
Kirrily 'Skud' Robert - skud@netizen.com.au - http://netizen.com.au/
The worst thing about censorship is