[Zope] [Q] My own editor?

Bernhard Reiter bernhard@uwm.edu
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 11:16:51 -0600

--GV0iVqYguTV4Q9ER

On Mon, Nov 29, 1999 at 02:24:47PM +0100, Thomas Riedl wrote:
> Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> > On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 10:48:35PM -0600, Stephen Pitts wrote:
> > > On Sat, Nov 27, 1999 at 09:54:00PM -0600, Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> You could possibly use Emacs and it's FTP-on-the-fly features.=20
I will try the ftp feature.=20

> > Doesn't seem too hard to me at first glance. <wink>

> Well, upon first glance: Could be.
> Just keep in mind that you can have computed dependencies, like
> referencing documents based upon runtime evaluated criteria,

> A 'solution' like any arbitrary timer just isn't one:
> Imagine some changes on "important" properties like 'price' and
> 'amount' and 'sum', and then having to wait for those changes
> to 'settle' until all associated 'rebuild timer chains' have
> been rattled...

I guess you are right.
It would only be interesting for more non-dynamic pages.
But it might be a real performance boost on these. :)

	Bernhard
--=20
Research Assistant, Geog Dept UM-Milwaukee, USA.  (www.uwm.edu/~bernhard)
Free Software Projects and Consulting 		         (intevation.net) =20

--GV0iVqYguTV4Q9ER

--GV0iVqYguTV4Q9ER--