[Zope] Problem with new Sybase DA

Bill Anderson bill.anderson@libc.org
Mon, 29 Nov 1999 21:29:10 -0700

Gerard Rowe wrote:

> Yes I do get a shell and I'm even able to import the sy_occ.so module
> without any errors.

Check the zope user's environment. Usually done by actually logging in
at the console, or doing an 'su -' to become root (or su - <zopeuser> if
zope is not run by root). Does zope start as root and switch user? It
_may_ be an issue of it being set in your terminal (as root), but when
zope switches, the zopeuser doesn't have the path set up (in the
darkness a gunshot is heard ;-)

If you are getting the core file,  you can run strings on it to see all
sorts of stuff, among which is the environment. You could also run: $
strace ./start to see what system calls are being made. If you want, I
could look at the core file if you send it my way (off-list of course).

Are you getting one? (Guess I should have asked earlier...)

Since your ld.so.conf is configured properly, did you run ldconfig?

Just a few more things to try ...

Bill

--
"They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the
Wright brothers.  But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown." -- Carl