[Zope] Session management without cookies

Fri, 01 Oct 1999 12:15:32 +1000

>>> "Geoff Caplan" wrote
> My prospective application with Zope would have to test for the ability to
> wite cookies, and degrade gracefully to cookieless session management if
> required.
>
> On a quick first reading of the documentation, I am not sure if Zope offers
> any help with this, or would it be a matter of using hidden forms and
> passing a parameter from page to page?

Have a look for Scott's Session product. It's a good base to work from.

I'm building an SQL-backed Session object - it works by both setting a
cookie, and putting the session-id in the URL (look at a typical Amazon.com
URL). It stores the session's persistent data in a SQL database.

It's not yet done, but I plan to release it when it is.

Anthony