[Zope] knotmail

Ben Leslie benno@sesgroup.net
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 12:40:05 +1000

Hi Chris!

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Michel and others,
>
> I'm sort of confused... I've been mucking around with IMAPAdapter for a
> while now (against an Exchange 5.5 server), and I can't seem to even get it
> to run the simple test code distributed in readme.txt.
>
> Here's what I've done:
>
> created a folder off the root called imaptest
>
> created user defined roles in the root folder for IMAPUser and NotMail,
> giving them all permissions to that folder in the security tab.  Within the
> imaptest folder I gave all permissions to the same roles for that folder.
>
> I then added the imapadapter and the index_html (with the sample code) into
> imaptest .
>
> Instead of it working, it denies all access to the directory, whichever
> username I use.  I know IMAP is working because I tried it against a client
> (Outlook Express) from the same box.
>
> THere are no users defined at the root ( in acl_users ).
>
> Any help?

Sorry can't help but I am also getting the same problems.

Debian Linux, Zope 2.0.1 installed.
UW Imapd
Imapd works from telnet and outlook.

I used a fresh install with no other content in it and it just refuses to
authentice.

Check my console log I get:

Oct  1 12:38:13 holly tcplogd: port 9080 connection attempt from
   benno@holly.sesgroup.net [203.108.123.37]
Oct  1 12:38:14 holly tcplogd: auth connection attempt from
   holly.sesgroup.net [203.108.123.37]

Hoever nothing on the imap log which means it never actually tries to
login to the imap server.

Can anyone tell me how to output debug messages to the console so I
can try and debug this??

Thanks,

Benno