[Zope] ANNOUNCE: Documentation Release

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 12:04:26 -0400

On Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 07:52:07AM +0200, Alexander Staubo wrote:
> I remember a while back when you could still get the DTML Guide as a
> single, flat HTML file (plus the images). The formatting stunk then, but
> at least you could easily browse the documentation. The formatting of
> the DTML and SQL guides remains pretty ghastly. In future releases,
> please include the option of viewing/downloading a single, flat HTML
> file, preferably with numbered sections (eg., "6.1. Iterative
> Insertion").

Even better idea.  Contact the people at the Linux Documentation
Project, <http://www.linuxdoc.org>, and find out about the tools
package they use to generate HTML, PostScript, texi, and ASCII
documentation from the same sources.  O'Reilly had a hand in it, and I
gather it's sweet.

Cheers,
-- jra
Member of the Technical Staff     Buy copies of The New Hackers Dictionary.
The Suncoast Freenet            Give them to all your friends.
Tampa Bay, Florida     http://www.ccil.org/jargon/             +1 813 790 7592