[Zope] 2.01 will not run on NT4

Michael Simcich msimcich@accesstools.com
Sat, 2 Oct 1999 14:08:49 -0700

"Note that when running as a service, there seem to be some problems with
ODBC connections." I'm just about to try those out - does the problem just
not work at all or is it something that I as a neophyte don't have to worry
about?

Michael Simcich
AccessTools

-----Original Message-----
From: Martijn Pieters [mailto:mj@antraciet.nl]
Sent: Saturday, October 02, 1999 1:07 PM
To: Ethan Fremen; Michael Simcich
Cc: 'Jim Sanford'; Zope@Zope.Org (E-mail)
Subject: Re: [Zope] 2.01 will not run on NT4

At 17:07 1-10-99 , Ethan Fremen wrote:
>Michael Simcich wrote:
> > Thinking it was
> > a typical shortcut generated command prompt window I was closing it
after
> > seeing it produce it's startup messages. This was apparently closing
> Zope...
> > I've never seen a window need to stay open like this before so just
> followed
> > my nose.
>
>It's that way because start.bat starts Zope in debugging mode.  Remove
>the line or the part where it mentions -D and then it will close itself
>and zope will stay up.

Erm, no. It won't. It works that way on UNIX, but not on Win32, because
that Win32 just doesn't support that. The -D switch stands for Debug, and
has more effects than just not disconnecting from the terminal on UNIX.

Not running in a window can only be achieved when running Zope as a
service, and therefore only on NT. This mode was especially set up to
overcome the above problem. Note that when running as a service, there seem
to be some problems with ODBC connections.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer