[Zope] Use of last_modified

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sun, 3 Oct 1999 21:20:42 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Porter <dgporter@erols.com>
To: kankie@thegrid.net <kankie@thegrid.net>
Cc: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Sunday, October 03, 1999 9:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope] Use of last_modified

>Hmmm.  That's a step closer.  Now I get a date, but it doesn't seem to
>correspond to the last modification time of any of the objects
>(index_html, standard_html_header, standard_html_footer, or any of
>the images) which make up the page.  Is it taking an average?

My guess is that it is the modification time of the Folder... (Assuming your
index_html is a DTML Method, it is looking up the variable of the
container...) If you use a DTML Document, you may see the time you're
looking for.

>The formatting isn't right either:
>
> Last modified: 1999/10/03 13:38:8.30297 US/Pacific
>
>                                        ^-  Why "8" not "08" ?

Take a look at the DTML reference... Appendix A gives you all of the
date/time formats that are available...
<dtml-var bobobase_modification_time fmt=fCommon>

should give you a different look...

Kevin