[Zope] Zcatalog confusion

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 15:07:52 +0200

At 14:32 05/10/99 , Geir B Hansen wrote:
>I have a Zcatalog called newscatalog in my news-folder to index my news
>(Zclass).
>The newsdocs are catalog-aware, and i use reindex-object in the function
>that makes and modifies them.
>
>Still, they do not get cataloged.. Not even when i use the 'update
>catalog'-button in the catalog management.. - i have to go through the
>whole 'add items to zcatalog' routine to make my new instances show up
>in the catalog...
>
>Does this have anything to do with my catlog not being in the root
>folder ??

No, it probably has to do that by default, CatalogAware objects try and
catalog themselves in a ZCatalog with id 'Catalog'. You will have to change
the default_catalog attribute of your ZClass when creating them, by calling
manage_editCataloger:

   manage_editCataloger('newscatalog')

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer