[Zope] Validating form submissions

James Punteney jamesp@mmgco.com
Tue, 05 Oct 1999 11:06:14 -0700

Thanks for all the help I've gotten so far, I'm starting to get a better
understanding of Zope.

Now for my next question....  I need to do some form validation/checking on
form data that is submitted such as:
making text database safe
determining if a number is in a certain range
Checking Dates
etc.

As far as I can tell some of this can be done with dtml, but anything more
complicated would be done either as an external method, or each check could
be done as an individual PythonMethod.  Right now I'm probably leaning
towards the external method it seems a little cleaner than having a lot of
python methods.  Is that the best way to do this?  And/or is there already
something out there that does some of these things?

Thanks again,
--James