[Zope] Links for ever

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 17:29:00 -0400 (EDT)

Christopher Petrilli quoted:
>> The Netscape Open Directory is a Yahoo style open source directory. All of
>> the Data is available in an XML like format (RDF-Early Netscape XML??). It
>> is very accurate and a good data source.

I've managed to make some time to work on the ODP code this week, and
now think I'm happy with the basic ODP package; you can create and
delete new topics and page links, which is the basic functionality
needed.  Next on the roadmap, I want to update odpsh.py (tonight, if
all goes well) and update the Zope product to use the current code.  I
hope to have some new code available over the weekend; it probably
won't solve my current scalability problem, but at least it'll serve
for small databases.

I'm lost, but I'm making record time.
    -- Allan Lamport