[Zope] permissions weirdness with the tree tag

Roman Milner roman@speeder.com
07 Oct 1999 02:45:57 -0500

The short question: Shouldn't a user created in the acl_users folder
at the root with Manager be able to do all the things that the user
created in ZOPE_ROOT/access?

If not, what is the difference?

The long explanation:
If I create an index_html in / that just does:

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<dtml-tree>
<dtml-var id>
</dtml-tree>
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

It will pop up a login when I go to it.  If I log in as the user in my
access file it works, if I login as the user created in in /acl_users
with Manager - it get authorization failed.  However, I can go to
http://localhost/manage and login with the user in /acl_users and
everything seems to work fine (except viewing /index_html.)

I've written a product that lets you browse LDAP servers via the tree
tag but I can' seem to make it so Anonymous can view the page.  Please
help!

^Roman