[Zope] Zcatalog confusion

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 09:49:31 -0400

The reason for this error is because of the way python methods work.  In
this case, you are using an *unbound* method, meaning a method that
isn't bound to a particular object.  Try:

        object.manage_editCataloger('newscatalog')

Where 'object' is the CatalogAware object you want to change the
Cataloger value on.  You could also do:

        manage_editCataloger(object, 'newscatalog')

-Michel