[Zope] Servlets anyone?

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:14:23 -0700

At 08:02 AM 10/7/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>is anyone using Servlets with Zope?  Tips, pointers, and suggestions on
>how to integrate them with Zope would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly, but...

You could write a servlet publisher for Zope which would take requests,
turn them into PCGI (or some other protocol that ZServer speaks) and send
them to ZServer. This wouldn't be too hard for an experienced servlet writer.

If you have existing servlets that you want to make available from Zope,
why not just use hyperlinks to them. There is no need after all for all
content to be served from the same process (let alone the same machine).

If you have existing servlets and want to the manipulate their data, you
could write something (like an external method) in Zope to communicate via
HTTP (perhaps urllib would help).

Hope this helps.

-Amos