[Zope] Webfolders and IE5

Paul Everitt paul@digicool.com
Fri, 08 Oct 1999 08:00:24 -0400

Rik Hoekstra wrote:
> There is at least one major IE-Zope WebDAV (Webfolder) interaction problem
> (which I reported to the Collector and the list but was never responded to)
> which making working with webfolders difficult. Webfolders are case
> insensitive, at least in a number of cases. This gives "unexpected errors"
> (MS terminology) when working with the webfolder :-[

Well, there's a lot in the Collector that we haven't gotten back to.
:^(  Our consulting business is really going gangbusters so Collector
work is happening in fits and spurts.

Anyway, there's a lot of demand here internally for revisiting WebDAV
and getting it up to L2 compliance.  The work will probably start by
fixing your reported bug.

As an aside, for those of you that are fans of ZCatalog, the changes in
CVS since 2.0.0/1 are significant, and the changes in the coming weeks
are pretty astounding.  As noted by Andrew Kuchling and others, the
ZCatalog has great potential but has had some scale problems on indexing
new content.  Michel has come a *long* way on this already, and some of
the things under discussion right now will go much further.

--Paul