[Zope] Conceptual problem with Zope 2.0.1 threads

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 12:53:17 -0400

Yup.

> I noticed that when my site went live and got hammered by 50-70
> students, that things were slowing down a lot.

Makes sense.

> With our Apache server we have over 200 processes running, and I was
> wondering about the utility of upping the thread count to a higher
> (much higher?) number.

Over 200 Apache processes?  That's alot.  That's like millions of hits
per day capacity if your hardware can handle it.  You may want to
experiment with lowering the number of apaches or increading the number
of zope threads.

> As an example, can anyone tell me how many threads the main
> Zope site use?

Six.

-Michel