[Zope] subuser can't manage_changeProperties?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 11:46:41 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Ethan Fremen <mindlace@majordomo.net>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Saturday, October 09, 1999 11:35 AM
Subject: Re: [Zope] subuser can't manage_changeProperties?

>Ethan Fremen wrote:
>> I can access the creation form, but when I submit the information, it
>> tells me that I don't have permission to manage_changeProperties.
>
>Kevin Dangoor writes, on 08/28:
>> If you don't want to log in to make the change, use a "Proxy Role" on the
>> DTML Method. You can set the proxy role to "Manager", and then that
>> particular method can do anything a Manager can do.
>
>Thanks, Kevin!  Am I doing anything sketchy by assigning the builder a
>proxy role of manager?

Nope. Proxy roles are very useful when you need to provide someone with a
very specific capability (like being able to change properties of a certain
kind of object, but only through an interface you provide) and not a more
general capability (like Manage Properties). Just make sure that access to
your method is restricted the way you want, and that the method itself
couldn't be used for purposes other than what you intend.

Kevin