[Zope] Subobjects management?

Tom Schwaller Tom.Schwaller@linux-magazin.de
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 01:46:45 +0000

Hi all,

I am building an object hierarchy like the following
(most objects inherit from Object Manager and Folder
and the noncontainerclasses also from ZCatalog).

Data--+--CompanyContainer--Company--+--Division
      |                             |--Product
      |                             `--Got Hardware

      `--PersonContainer--Person--+--Contact
                                  `--Job

The CompanyContainer is for collecting Companies in a
folderish object. Each Company can contain Divisions or
single Persons. And last but not least you have
Persons collected in a Personcontainer, in a company
or in a division of a company..

Problem: I want "Person" to show up in the subobjects of
Company and Division. How does one do that? Everything I tried
did no work (I guess, I missed some of the permission stuff
as usual ;-))

Another Question: For most of my objects I need Containerclasses
to deal with them (show all, show an alphabetic selection,
show top priority selection,..), but this gets quite tedious after
a while. Is there a better way handling this? has *_factory
something to do with it? If yes, how does one set up containers?

as usual a lot of questions...

--

Tom