[Zope] list of naive questions

bruce@perens.com bruce@perens.com
11 Oct 1999 00:26:08 -0000

From: Chris McDonough <chris@iqgroup.com>
> Why do you want to export a role with your product?

Because the proxy method needs only _one_ permission, and I would set that
permission in the role, and not hassle the administrator with the need to
create it. All administrators who use the product will have to do the exact
same thing - create a role with one permission, which is a pretty good
definition of when software should do something for you.

I have an object that users are allowed to create, but not modify afterward.
But the usual method of creating objects in Zope is to create them and then
modify their properties. Thus, there has to be a "constructor" method that
can be called by unprivileged users and has permission to modify the
properties of an object it's just created.

	Thanks

	Bruce