[Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?

User Webteam webteam@uni-bielefeld.de
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 14:18:17 +0200

Hi!

We´re thinking about using Zope for our University website. Now we face
following problem:
We need a simple solution for people who don´t want to care about DTML
to publish their documents using Composer or similar WYSIWYG tools.
These documents should be rendered with some standard HTML-code
(navigation and the like). Is there any possibility to do this without
having to teach everyone <dtml-var> etc.? We tested various things
(access rules) but in the best case we end up with nested <html> tags.
Unfortunately, we have no python experts here and we´re not learning
fast enough to present a solution within time.

Some background info: we have to ensure that virtually erveryone here
has a simple way to put information on the net. Most of these people
have little or no HTML knowledge but use Composer, HotMetal or even word
to create their documents. So it seems unacceptable to our bosses to
bother anyone with manipulating sources. We would really like to use
Zope because of its great management features, user management and
expandibility (and its price ;-), so any hints would be highly
appreciated.

Chris
--
Webteam der Uni Bielefeld