[Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?

Jens Vagelpohl tommymi@concentric.net
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:27:08 GMT

i think you could avoid changing any of the python files by making a copy of
the existing html docs and apply the changes (exchanging everything from
after and including </body> to <dtml-var standard_html_footer>) using one of
the normal unix utilities. i suppose an intelligent grep/sed combination that
iterates through the html pages should do the job.

The resulting might be imported into Zope using FSImport. i haven't
used it myself, but that is the purpose it was written for.

jens

Jens Vagelpohl
Systems Administrator
Washtenaw Development Council

On 10/11/99, 8:38:06 AM, Ben Leslie <benno@sesgroup.net> wrote regarding
Re: [Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?:

> Moin User!

> User Webteam schrieb am Montag, den 11. Oktober 1999:

> > Hi!
> >
> > We´re thinking about using Zope for our University website. Now we
face
> > following problem:
> > We need a simple solution for people who don´t want to care about DTML
> > to publish their documents using Composer or similar WYSIWYG tools.
> > These documents should be rendered with some standard HTML-code
> > (navigation and the like). Is there any possibility to do this without
> > having to teach everyone <dtml-var> etc.? We tested various things
> > (access rules) but in the best case we end up with nested <html> tags.
> > Unfortunately, we have no python experts here and we´re not learning
> > fast enough to present a solution within time.
> >
> > Some background info: we have to ensure that virtually erveryone here
> > has a simple way to put information on the net. Most of these people
> > have little or no HTML knowledge but use Composer, HotMetal or even
word
> > to create their documents. So it seems unacceptable to our bosses to
> > bother anyone with manipulating sources. We would really like to use
> > Zope because of its great management features, user management and
> > expandibility (and its price ;-), so any hints would be highly
> > appreciated.
> >
> > Chris

> Mmm.. The best solution I can think of is to go  and edit the source.

> I think if you tried editing the manage_upload, manage_edit etc in
> /lib/python/OFS/DTMLDocument.py to strip everything up to the <BODY>
> tag and replace it with your <dtml-standard_html_header> and
> everything after </BODY> with <dtml-var standard_html_footer>. That
means
> you will probably lose some of the information in the <HEAD> tag
> (like meta-tags and the like), so depending on how useful these are
> to you in this situation.

> Of course this solution means learning python, although I have found
> that if you have programmed in other languages before it is pretty
> easy to pick up quickly.

> Then again there may be some much easier way to do this which
> I don't know about.

> Benno

> (I may even end up implementing this tonight since it seems pretty
easy
> todo and would be useful to many people, however don't hold me to
that)