[Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:45:57 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: User Webteam <webteam@uni-bielefeld.de>
To: zope@zope.org <zope@zope.org>
Date: Monday, October 11, 1999 8:33 AM
Subject: [Zope] Turn static HTML dynamic?

>We need a simple solution for people who don´t want to care about DTML
>to publish their documents using Composer or similar WYSIWYG tools.
>These documents should be rendered with some standard HTML-code
>(navigation and the like). Is there any possibility to do this without
>having to teach everyone <dtml-var> etc.? We tested various things
>(access rules) but in the best case we end up with nested <html> tags.
>Unfortunately, we have no python experts here and we´re not learning
>fast enough to present a solution within time.

The Zope.org site has a Formatted Document object that, I believe, DC is
planning to release. It automatically includes the standard header and
footer and allows the input of multiple formats (HTML, Structured Text). I
don't know if it gets rid of redundant <html> and <body> tags. If it doesn't
I bet some python string manipulation regulars around here could suggest the
functions to use. (I would certainly think you could do it with regular
expressions).

Any comments from DC about the release of "Formatted Document"?

Kevin