[Zope] Zope + Web Folder

Oscar Picasso picasso@videotron.ca
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:03:38 -0400

Thank for your help. But I couldn't compare the names as I was enable to
copy them. So I had just one copy of the files I try to move.

I think the problem I had was surely related to fact that when using the
Web Folder, Zope convert the file on the hard disk to different kind of
Zope objects, according to their extension.

ex:
.gif, .jpg ---> a Zope image
.html, .txt ---> a DTML document
no extension ---> a Zope file

That's smart. What is less smart is that on the other direction, if  a Zope
image or Zope file are correctly copied to the hard disk, when trying to
copy a DTML document, Zope doesn't convert it to file and that's when I got
the errors.

That's what I've understood.

>But is there any case difference between the files that are created in Zope
>and those on your harddisk. There is a known problem with Explorer using
>mixed case from reqwuest to request. Apparantly this is solved in the CVS
>version of Zope.
>
>--
>Martijn Pieters, Web Developer

Oscar Picasso