[Zope] FW: zope vs siteserver

Chris McDonough chris@iqgroup.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:50:49 -0400

Well, I'm probably not the guy to ask, but I've forwarded this to the Zope
mailing list, maybe some folks there can give you an idea of what to expect
in the way of scalability...

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill_Seitz@mail.medscape.com [mailto:Bill_Seitz@mail.medscape.com]

Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 1999 5:54 PM
To: Chris McDonough
Subject: RE: zope vs siteserver

Feel free to forward.

I'm just learning Python a bit. I'm intrigued by Zope, but wary about
getting
wrapped up in a platform that won't meet my future scale needs.

A key aspect of performance, in my opinion, is handling of SQL calls, since
that's what most dynamic sites are going to use as a back end. So a "select
*
from helloWorld" kind of page would be nice....

Chris McDonough <chris@iqgroup.com> on 10/12/99 05:40:46 PM