[Zope] Trouble building Zope on BSDi 3.0

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 23:55:33 +0200

At 14:10 12-10-99 , Pete Beazley wrote:
>Since I haven't found an applicable Zope binary for BSDi on an Intel box,
>I've decided to try and build Zope myself. I'm trying to build it on a
>remote virtual server running BSDi 3.0 and either get a traceback or no
>errors but without generation of username/password.
>
>The virtual Unix host is running BSDI BSD/OS 3.0 Virtual Kernel #0
>I built Python 1.5.2 with threads and also added -rdynamic to LDSHARED in
>Makefile.pre.in
>Per the Zope Installatino FAQ, I've also tried changing do('make') to
>do('make -k') in inst/do.py
>
>When I run "python w_pcgi.py" the build goes quite a long ways and finally
>crashes with:
><SNIP>
>Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I have no idea what goes wrong here, but an access file is easily made if
you don't mind the password being in plaintext. Just Make a file with the
following structure:

   username:password[:optional domain specifier]

where username is the superuser login name of your choice, password the
plaintext password, and the domain specifier (which is optional) should be
a space separated list of domains, where you can use both ip addresses and
ip names, and you can use the * for a wildcard for a whole part (like
*.antraciet.nl and 10.1.*.*). Then you at least have a valid access file.

Then again, you might have problems with other parts of Zope if your python
build is somehow flawed.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer