[Zope] Versions

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Thu, 14 Oct 99 00:43:28 -0500

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 10:58:33 +1000, Jay, Dylan wrote:

>> John Glossner wrote:
>> >

>> > Also, using Homesite I can ftp edit the live website but is
>> > it possible to ftp edit the version?
>>
>> Nope.  Versions work with cookies, which FTP obviously has no
>> semantics
>> for.  Versions are cool and magical, but not quite as magical as they
>> first seem.

Actually, Zope's FTP -could- have cookie semantics... the FTP module
within Medusa does maintain a session state, as it maps the FTP cmds
to HTTP operations behind the scenes.  The FTP session could strip
off and cache the cookie info on behalf of the user.  There would need
to be added a new command or two for creating/closing a version, but
that's what the FTP 'site' command is for.  Such a 'site' command would
just invoke the appropriate manage_xxx calls.

-Jeff Rush