[Zope] RE: Problems installing Zope

Albert Kinderman albert.kinderman@csun.edu
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:02:15 -0700

Jan-Oliver:

As Phil Harris has already explained, you can reset your superuser name
and password using zpasswd.py. The problem is that the install assigns
you a name and password, but it scrolls off the screen before you can
read it.

The install should be rewritten so that the superuser name and password
are written to the screen at the end of the install script.

Al

Message: 53
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:13:20 +0200
From: Jan-Oliver Wagner <jwagner@usf.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE>
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Problems installing Zope

Hello,

following doc/INSTALL.txt (the quick start) the first command
finishes with "Done." which seems to hint at success.
However, the INSTALL description says that I will be given
a user name and password. This is not the case, nor can I find
any point where the procedure is unhappy.

Bravely executing the second command  ( ./start ) results in a
somehow running zope which of course I can not log in.
Furthermore, ./start does not return.

Environment: Mandrake 6.1, Roxen

Any clue?

        Jan-Oliver Wagner

--
Jan-Oliver Wagner                       http://www.usf.uos.de/~jwagner/

Intevation GmbH
Sci. Ass. Inst.of Environmental Systems Res.     http://www.usf.uos.de/

Albert Kinderman              California State University, Northridge
albert.kinderman@csun.edu     Department of Management Science