[Zope] more siteserver vs. zope.

Chris McDonough chris@iqgroup.com
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 19:48:47 -0400

 OKOK, I couldnt resist.  I replied to the guy.  I was nice.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris McDonough
To: 'zope@zope.org'
Sent: 10/14/99 7:33 PM
Subject: [Zope] more siteserver vs. zope.

I know you're probably all sick of this topic, but here's Thomas
Tomcziac's
(?) response in the siteserver.general newsgroup to my most recent
arguments
concerning Zope vs. Site Server:

http://x42.deja.com/getdoc.xp?AN=536727424&CONTEXT=939943722.162594859&h
itnu
m=0

He argues that Python, and therefore Zope, cannot connect to COM objects
(or
other ORB systems), and that for this reason Zope is not even really an
application server.  Its a design criticism.

I know he's wrong, of course, but my interest in the topic is waning.
Feel
free to take exception to his arguments if you care.

For developer-specific issues, zope-dev@zope.org -