[Zope] comparing Zope with Vignette, IPS and others

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:20:07 +0200

At 15:55 15/10/99 , Martin van Nijnatten wrote:
>Has anyone information about Zope versus other application
>servers/content managers.
>
>With much interest I've read the postings about the Zope/Vignette
>comparisons
>
>In particular I'm interesting in Zope versus IPS (see: futuretense.com)
>
>Martin

As Martin is Dutch, I replied to him in private (and CCed to the Zope-NL
list). I would like to see some comments from the community on IPS though.

In functionality, IPS seems to be (if my marketing filter is operating at
all) the closest competitor to Zope as a Content Management system. Pity
its closed source and probably very expensive (they do not quote any
prices..). Also, their minimal hardware requirements are pretty tough, and
it only runs on Solaris and NT.. I can go on with quite a list where Zope
has the better. Especially the URLs. No search engine is ever going to
index their site.

They have a nice list of customers, especially in the only newpaper
department. Any comments from DC on this product?

   http://www.futuretense.com/

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer