[Zope] KM|netNews MailHost SMTP error

Joshua Brauer joshua@brauer.org
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 14:40:37 -0600

I ran into this too... The solution is to modify KM|NetNews.

If you go to the product Management screen of the Control Panel and select

 KMnetNews then  KMArticleStore

You'll see the top DTML Method is "Add Article"... Right at the end of this is the sendmail form that has "contentbot" as the "From" line... Change that to contentbot@wherever.com and it should work....

Or, if you want to run multiple KM|Net Newses on your site add a property to the KMArticleStore main property sheet. Mine is called  article_notify_from and the AddArticle Method has a <dtml-var article_notify_from> for the "From" line so I can change it for different article stores....

Josh

At 1:13 PM -0700 10/15/99, Karl Pelletier wrote:

>Hi. I'm still a newbie to Zope, so forgive me if this is obvious to others... I've installed the KM|netNews product and everything is working correctly EXCEPT everytime I enter a new article and click "submit" (which should then email the person in the "article_notify" property of the KMArticlestore) I get a SMTP 501 error: sender's email must contain a valid domain.
>
>I know my MailHost is configured correctly, because I can use sendmail elsewhere. Since I'm getting the SMTP error, mailhost is obviously in the path, right? Since it's saying "sender's email" it's a problem parsing what was received by the form field, right? UGH. I've looked everywhere, even hard-coded the info - still doesn't work. Can anyone PLEASE help me?
>
>Config info: running latest Zope, Apache/Linux box, latest KM|netNews product, Mail Host that shipped w/Zope
>
>Thanks in advance, Liz Pelletier

                                    # # #

Joshua Brauer                                         Box 915
http://www.brauer.org                          Fort Collins, CO 80522
Fax: (419) 793-4120
In flying I have learned that carelessness and overconfidence are
usually far more dangerous than deliberately accepted risks.
          -- Wilbur Wright in a letter to his father, September 1900