[Zope] DTML document vs DTML Method

Tim Haines tim_haines@hotmail.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 10:15:05 +0100

Hi everyone,

I'm new to zope.  I've been playing with it for a couple of days now, and
like it a lot.
One thing I want to check I have right is the difference between documents
and methods.  I have read a few articles, but none seem to address my
question.

When I have a dtml document rendered, and am viewing the page, I can click
on a link, then click on back to go page to the page.

When I have a dtml METHOD rendered, and am viewing the page, I can click on
a link, but get an error (timeout like) when I click on back.

I've also noticed that within a folder, I can refer to dtml methods in the
folders above, but get an error when I try to refer to dtml documents.

Is this due to my configuration, or are things supposed to happen this way?

It would be great if any replies could be sent directly too
tim_haines@hotmail.com as well as posted to the list.

Thanks for your help.

Tim.