[Zope] Zope Newbie

Rafael Cordones Marcos rcm@bcnartdirecte.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:10:46 +0200

On Wed, Oct 13, 1999 at 09:51:18PM -0400, Joseph A. Martin wrote:
> Hello,
> 	I am new to Zope. I can program in Python a little bit, Java
> fairly well, and C not at all. I have used FrontPage (hated it) and
> straight HTML in the past. All this introduction to say that I am not
> clueless, but I am not well-informed about Zope. I have played with it
> a little bit over the past week, lurked here for about 24 hours and
> skimmed through some of the online docs. What I would like to do is
> get a really good idea of what I can do with Zope and how to do it. I
> am not afraid of online docs. What I would like is a recommended
> reading list. Something to say you can do x, y, and Z with Zope, here
> is where you can find a brief description of x, y, and Z and here is
> where the in-depth docs can be found.

From a Newbie to a Newbie: ;)

Start by reading the QuickStart material you get when installing
Zope. Then go to http://zdp.zope.org and read the ZBook. Then go to
http://www.zope.org , Documentation section and read the Guides on
DTML, Content Management nad SQL Methods. I already have a working
conecion with a PostgreSQL server so ask me if you have trouble
installing it. You should also get Squishdot or any other Zope Product
at the Zope site, install it and tinker with it.

Hope this helps!

Rafa