[Zope] Examples please

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 13:24:14 -0400

Liz wrote:

> Hi. I'm just a newbie to Zope, but I really like it so far. Obvious
> drawbacks are lack of complete documentation.

That's better than a complete lack of documentation.

> I've installed the
> KM|netNews product and really like it. It seems to have all of the
> neatest features of Zope - Zclasses, factories, product specification,
> Zcatalog, etc. Perhaps someone out there who is familiar with this
> product would be willing to create a tutorial explaining how this
> product "works"? Even a diagram of how the various parts interact
> would really help me (and others too) get a better understanding of
> the power of Zope. Anyone got a little free time???? Thanks in
> advance, Liz Pelletier

As soon as OD repairs my model, I will be posting a UML model of
ZCatalog.  This will be some hardcore digraming, but it might help.

Soon I will also release the Zope Portal Toolkit UML model
(incomplete).  This will give you a high level overview of a large
zclass/zcatalog based application.

Strangely enough, you are the third Pelletier in the Zope community.  At
least you name isn't Mike like the other two of us.  What's really weird
is my sister's name is Liz!

-Michel