[Zope] Types for DA

Hannu Krosing hannu@tm.ee
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 20:56:55 +0000

I have been working on improving ZPostgreSQLDA to recognize more types,
and now  I have a problem with missing types.

The biggest need is for Time (I've found only DateTime, which i can't use)

Or is there a hidden Time type somewhere ?

If not, could I use mxDateTime, which has all the needed types and all
possible
import/export formats ?
I'm not sure it would play nicely with Zope.

So what would be easier -

1. reimplement Zope's DateTime using mxDateTime as base
2. modify Zopes DateTime (to know it is sometimes just plain date and not
   12 at noon that day) and add Time to it
3. just use mxDateTime as a separate type, having just the needed formats etc.
?

I would also need to implement some other types that have no corresponding
python/zope types, like MONEY and NUMERIC.

What would that involve and how hard would the integration with zope
(especially DocumentTemplate) be ?

Does OracleDA implement its own types for NUMERIC etc., or does it just loose
precision and use floats/ints ?

Hannu