[Zope] Zooming images

Darran Edmundson Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:32:43 +1000

Rafael Cordones Marcos <rcm@bcnartdirecte.com> wrote:

> The thing is this cases also contain photos. I would like users
> to be able to enlarge them. What is the 'Zope' way to do this? I mean,
> do I have to have two Image objects, small and large? Maybe I could
> make a function that given an Image object and a height and with
> parameters would return an Image object with the small image. Anybody
> knows of some code/docs where I could start?

I had a similar problem in that I often have various incarnations of
the same image (be it gif thumbnail, different resolution jpegs, maybe a
postscript version, etc.)  My solution was to create a ZClass called
DImage.
In addition to having some useful properties like a caption, creator,
and
date, DImage can contain any number of images or files (the postscript).
I am still in the process of writing methods (i.e., my product is not
ready for public distribution) to render different versions but at least
all of the data is encapsulated in a single object.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [Darran.Edmundson@anu.edu.au]