[Zope] Question on: How-To: When Cookies won't do it

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 11:10:27 +0200

  I browsed trough the How-To: When Cookies won't do it
  and I have some questions.

  How much speed do you really gain from using file for
  data marshaling?

  Would it be a good idea to use Object Pooling (pre created
  objects) to speed up a session object solution?

  The reason I don't like the file based solution is that
  I won't scale with ZEO but a Object solution would, right?
  There would also be possible for cool stuff like session
  failover and long time session (much list version but individual
  and perhaps with a limited scoop)

  Another reason is that I like the concept of the ZODB,
  why think in a non ZODB way?

  Regards,
  Johan Carlsson

  torped