[Zope] Q: Largest Zope Site in Production

James W.Y.F. Chan jwyfchan@yahoo.com
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:44:37 -0400

Hello Zope-List,

I've been playing around with Zope and Squishdot for about a month now. I
really like Zope (and squishdot, of course). I like to use Zope for larger
and more interactive websites. Something along the line of e-commerce
transactions or web-based training.

My question to the Zope list is: has anyone been using Zope for sites where
there are more than 100 "users" or "requests" per day? What about 1000?
10,000? 100,000?

I'm using the term "users" loosely here. Ideally I would like to see sites
that allow users to enter into website through authentication and change,
say, their profiles -- much like what the current Zope.org site is allowing
people to do. You can also interpret "users" as "requests".

I'm simply wondering how Zope is coping with sites that have high traffic
(hardware, memory, Linux).

Thanks,
-james-