[Zope] Some questions for experienced zopers

kayak van_lindberg@byu.edu
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:54:52 -0600

I've got two pressing questions that I can't seem to find answers to on zope.org:

1.  What is the relationship that dtml has (if any) to javascript?  Specifically,
I want to do onmouseover swapping of a .gif.  It seems to me that it would be
simple with dtml, something like
    <dtml-if img1 mouseover == true>
       <dtml-var img2>
   <dtml-else>
       <dtml-var img1>
   </dtml-if>

but I can't find a reference to any such functions.  Otherwise, what is the best
way to integrate js and dtml?   (Sorry for any syntax errors, I'm just starting
out)

2.  I would like to aggregate my images into a common folder off the zope root,
something like this:  (indenting to show directory structure)
/ Mysite
    [_] control_panel
    [_] acl_users
    [_] images
          * img1
          * img2
          * img3
    % index_html
    % standard_error_message
    % standard_html_header
    % standard_html_footer

and then call them as <dtml-var images/img1> in index_html.  Even though the
documentation suggests that this is possible, doing so always returns an error for
me.
any help?

Thanks,
     VanL