[Zope] trying to run ZServer with PCGI

vinod tipparaju tipparaj@cis.ohio-state.edu
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:10:50 -0400

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> [...]

thankx...
well when i tried the above, i compiled in the directory where in i had
both z2.py and zope.cgi...but still..
now i copied zope.cgi to cgi-bin of my webserver(apache) and then i
tried to
compile it again..by giving it that path...***/cgi-bin/Zope.cgi
(I am the root and I have permissions on var directory in zope) the
error
i get this time..is
to my surprise...

Traceback (innermost last):
  File "z2.py", line 494, in ?
    pf = open(PID_FILE, 'w')
IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/Zope-2.0.1-src/var/Z2.pid'

how can permission be denied when i am doing it as root???and i've got
write permission on it???
can u help me with this..pl
thank you
vinod.