[Zope] PCGI & Windows NT & Zope 2.0.1

Larry Luther l.luther@acm.org
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 20:54:40 -0700

Hello,

   RE: "pcgi-wrapper" for Zope 2.0.1

   I'm migrating from 1.10.2 to 2.0.1 and found that pcgi-wrapper
doesn't seem to work.  Zope 2.0.1 has been installed and I have
been able to talk to it via "localhost:8080".  Oddly the new
pcgi-wrapper does appear to work with 1.10.3.  (I had to reinstall
this version to get my site back up and running).

Comments:

   The HOW-TO's do not mention to which version of Zope that they
   apply or sometimes even to which OS they apply.

   Some docs are just out of touch.  For example some refer to
   Zope.cgi which I NEVER found.

   Some of the files that I'm supposed to edit for WIN32 start off
   with "#!/usr/bin..." which is obviously Unix.

   The instructions to convert the database from 1.10 to 2.0 say
   "utilities/bbb.py -f var/Data.fs var/Data.bbe" which doesn't work
   when typed at the command prompt and I couldn't get an "association"
   built right which could do it.  They could have said:
     "bin\python.exe utilities\bbb.py -f var\Data.fs var\Data.bbe"
   which gets the job done with no fuss.

Thanks, Larry