[Zope] NT User Folder - No Domain support?

Ian Blenke icblenke@2c2.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:10:46 -0400

On October 20, 1999, Chris McDonough wrote:

> Hmmm... I dont think this method is going to work.  The
> win32security.LogonUser function doesn't allow you to authenticate to a
> remote computer.  From the docs:
>
> --- begin docs ---
>
> win32security.LogonUser
>
> PyHANDLE = LogonUser( userName, domain , password , logonType ,
logonProvider )
> Attempts to log a user on to the local computer, that is, to the computer
> from which LogonUser was called. You cannot use LogonUser to log on to a
> remote computer.

Actually, I think Toby is right - you should be able to authenticate against
a domain using this. Using a DC as the "domain" operand shouldn't work if
this statement is true, but using a domain name that this local machine
belongs to should allow things to work.

We are trying to login to the local machine, only within a particular
domain.

- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@2c2.com> <ian@blenke.com>