[Zope] Using "global" images in /root/subfolder

Stefan Hoffmeister Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 15:56:08 +0200

: On Wed, 20 Oct 1999 21:24:13 -0500, Tres Seaver wrote:

>Stefan Hoffmeister <Stefan.Hoffmeister@Econos.de> wrote:
>
>> Given that the content of the globalImage DTML Document is just
>                                                 ^^^^^^^^
>If globalImage really is a DTMLDocument, and not a DTMLMentod, then your
>acquisition chain does not work the way you expect.

<Newbie alert>

Actually, a DTML Method would have given me the wrong acquisition chain -
it would have based the images folder off the folder where I originate the
query for the global image.

</Newbie alert>

>Haven't-found-a-use-for-DTMLDocument-since-ZClasses-shipped'ly

Well, for this global images problem you probably are right except for two
problems:

a) I want (eh, have) to statically generate these pages, using Zope
   "just" for much faster, more efficient, reliable maintenance.

b) I have yet to find out how to efficiently code something
   (restarting ZServer to update some Python code in a product is not my
    idea of efficiency :-> )

This of course won't keep me from actually trying to implement a ZClass as
a global image factory - once problem b) has been solved satisfactorily
<g>

Newbie-ly

Stefan